^ Promoter: Qantas Airways Limited. Promotion Period: 12.01am (AEDT) 10 December 2017 - 11:59pm (AEDT) on 31 January 2018. Eligible Entrants: Qantas Frequent Flyer members aged 18 and over. Entry: Eligible Entrants must either (a) sign up to receive Qantas Golf Club emails for one entry; and/ or (b) Spend AU$50 through www.qantasgolfclub.com for five entries into the draw. Draw: 2.00pm (AEDT) on 8 February 2018 at MDSA, 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089. Prize: A trip to the 2018 British Open for two people, including return flights from the winner’s nearest Australian Capital City Airport to Aberdeen, accommodation, a round of golf at Royal Aberdeen and tickets to two days at the 2018 British Open. Winner notification: By phone and in writing by email within 2 business days of the draw and their name will be published on qantasgolfclub.com/win from 12 February 2018 for a minimum of 28 days and in The Australian newspaper on 14 February 2018. The maximum total prize pool is AU$16,831.45. View full terms and conditions. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/20093, ACT Permit No. TP17/02433 and SA Licence No. T17/2282.
This competition is now closed.
Congratulations to Mr Nigel Woolmer from SA on winning the VIP golf trip for two to the 147th Open in Scotland!
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Acceptance of a prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 95784184) (Promoter).
3. The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEDT) on 10 December 2017 and closes at 11:59pm (AEDT) on 31 January 2018 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open to all Qantas Frequent Flyer members, aged 18 years or older (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, GolfNow or Mike Da Silva and Associates (AUST) Pty Ltd ABN 50 003 894 022 (MDSA) and each of their related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, during the Promotion Period, Eligible Entrants must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer and:
- Subscribe to ‘Qantas Golf Club latest news and offer’ emails for one entry and/ or;
- Spend AU$50 through www.qantasgolfclub.com. For every AU$50 spent; Eligible Entrants will get five entries into the draw.
6. The Promoter is not responsible for any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
7. Multiple entries are permitted.
8. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter (when the subscription or purchase is made).
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
10. There will be one draw. The draw will take place at 2.00pm (AEDT) on 8 February 2018 at MDSA, 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer)
11. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. There will be one prize (Prize). The maximum total prize pool is AU$16,831.45 based on the recommended retail value and exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize.
13. The Prize is for the winner and a guest. The winner’s guest must be 18 years of age or older. The Prize winner and their guest may extend their trip at their own expense. The Prize consists of the following:
RRP (inc GST)
Return flights from the winner’s nearest Australian Capital City Airport to Aberdeen, Scotland. Any domestic portion of flights will be Economy Class and the portion of international flights will be Premium Economy (flight associated taxes are included). Additional checked baggage for winner and guest’s golf clubs (allowance up to 23kg each).
Five nights’ accommodation at the Hilton Aberdeen in a twin share room.
GBP £545 (AU$952.65)
2018 British Open Package (19 July 2018 - 24 July 2018) includes:
GBP £1,253 (AU$2,190.22)
Access to the Golf Channel tent at the British Open with VIP hospitality.
GBP £1,200 (AU$2,097.58)
Maximum total Prize pool
- Return flights to and from the winner’s nearest Australian Capital City airport to Aberdeen, Scotland. Travel Period: Tuesday 17 July 2018 to Wednesday 15 August 2018. International flights will be Premium Economy class and will depart from Melbourne or Sydney depending on availability. If the winner’s nearest Australian Capital City is not Melbourne or Sydney, Economy flights will be provided to either Melbourne or Sydney. Return flights are not open returns and a fixed return date will be issued on booking.
- The Prize winner may extend their stay at their own expense.
- The Prize includes five nights’ accommodation in the Hilton Aberdeen. The room will be Twin Share for two people. The room is not upgradable. The Prize winner may extend their stay at their own cost. Qantas Golf Club is not responsible for additional costs including damages caused by the Prize winner or their guest, room service, expendables or late checkout incidentals.
- The Prize includes a round of golf. The winner and guest must abide by each golf club’s rules and regulations. Qantas Golf Club is not responsible for additional costs including damages caused by the Prize winner or guest.
14. The Prize includes GST and taxes. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, spending money, meals or taxes not included in the price of the flight booking, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the Prize winner. It is the responsibility of the Prize winner to ensure that they have full and correct documentation for travel. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be held responsible for any loss or delay that may occur as a result of any passport or visa not being produced for travel. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ general Conditions of Carriage.
15. Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winner will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or using Qantas Points.
16. Prize travel and accommodation must be booked by 31 March 2018. Prize travel and accommodation must be completed by 15 August 2018. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
17. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The Prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The Prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
18. If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
19. The winner will be notified by phone and in writing by email within 2 business days of the draw using the phone number and email address listed in their Qantas Frequent Flyer profile and their name will be published on qantasgolfclub.com/win from 12 February 2018 for a minimum of 28 days and in The Australian newspaper on 14 February 2018.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
20. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. If the prize remains unclaimed at 5.30pm (AEST) on 8 May 2018 a second draw will be conducted by the Promoter on 16 May 2018 at the same time and location as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone and in writing within 2 business days of the draw using the phone number and the email address listed in their Qantas Frequent Flyer profile and their name will be published on qantasgolfclub.com/win from 18 May 2018 for a minimum of 28 days.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
21. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
22. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
23. The exclusion of liability in clause 22 above does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a. for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b. to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
24. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought
26. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/20093, ACT Permit No. TP17/02433 and SA Licence No. T17/2282.